Retainers, deposits, payments & taxes
- The date of the event is considered “booked” upon receipt of the full amount. We do not accept deposit.
- Cakes must be ordered a minimum of 5 days prior to event.
- Payments should be made online using the online platform, payments by bank transfer are also accepted.
- If the client fails to make payment, we will not start working on the project, the order will be cancelled but an administrative fee of 50 euros will be due immediately.
- Preferred methods of payment are Bancontact, major credit cards or iDeal.
- The client will have a grace period of 3 days after the invoice is issued to pay before the contract is cancelled.
- Late payments (after 3 days from the date of the invoice) will be charged a 20 euros fee.
- The Belgian Chocolate Makers is not responsible for bodily injury, property or consequential damage, which may result from services.
- The Belgian Chocolate Makers is not responsible for any damage to the cake caused by anyone NOT employed by The Belgian Chocolate Makers.
- The Belgian Chocolate Makers will not deliver a cake if payments have not been paid in full and no pickup will be accepted as well.
Fulfillment of contract
- The Belgian Chocolate Makers is not responsible for any delay or inability to deliver based on accidents, natural disasters, transportation issues, inclement weather, illness, death, labor troubles, delay in supplies, disputes or strikes, or any other circumstance beyond The Belgian Chocolate Makers’s control.
- If The Belgian Chocolate Makers has completed the cake but it can’t be delivered due to uncontrollable circumstances, the client will be refunded 50% of the total cost.
- If client picks up the cake, The Belgian Chocolate Makers no longer assumes any responsibility for damage caused to it.
Postponement or cancellation
- The client must notify The Belgian Chocolate Makers if there is a change in the date of the event or a complete cancellation.
- If the postponement occurs before 7 days of the event, no penalty fee will be charged.
- If the postponement occurs after 7 days prior to the event, the Client will be charged a 50 euros fee.
- If a cancellation occurs 15 days prior to the date of the event, all money will be refunded minus the 50 euros retainer fee.
- If a cancellation occurs after 15 days prior to the event, 50% will be refunded less the non-refundable 50 euros retainer fee.
Changes to order
Any changes must be submitted 10 days in advance by contacting Patricia by whatsapp +32 483690963.
There will be NO changes allowed 5 days prior to the event.
Design of the cake
- The Belgian Chocolate Makers will follow the client’s requests closely to create the exact cake desired.
- The Belgian Chocolate Makers cannot duplicate an exact copy of another cake artist’s work but will ensure the look is similar.
Serving amount and sizes
- Serving size estimations are not guaranteed to be exact.
- The Belgian Chocolate Makers is not responsible for a shortage of cake if the pieces are cut too large.
Allergy and dietary warnings
- The Belgian Chocolate Makers’s baked goods may have come in contact with (or may contain) the following ingredients:
- Milk, eggs, wheat
- Natural dyes, artificial dyes, artificial flavorings, sugar, artificial sweeteners, artificial color and other allergens not listed.
- The client is responsible for pointing out to guests potential allergy hazards
Ornaments and special equipment
- A 200 euros deposit is required for all rental equipment.
- The equipment must be returned within 24 hours of the event.
- The returned equipment is evaluated and a refund of the deposit is based on the condition of the items.
- All personally supplied items must be submitted to The Belgian Chocolate Makers at least 7 days prior to the event
Delivery and set up
- There is a delivery fee of a minimum 15 euros (enquiry depending your exact location).
- The Belgian Chocolate Makers is not responsible for tardiness if the venue is changed within 48 hours of the event.
- The client may pick up the cake. The client assumes liability once it passes into the client’s possession.
- The client is responsible for providing a suitable environment for the cake (away from heaters, vibrations, people, suitable surface, suitable outdoor setting).
- The client declare the condition of the cake to be satisfactory at the pickup time.
- Once the waiver is signed, The Belgian Chocolate Makers is not responsible for cake including collapse, melting, pokes etc.
- The Belgian Chocolate Makers reserves the right to use all photographs of the cake for advertising purposes.
Cake contract agreement
Your cake is very important to us. Please carefully look over the event and cake details in the contract to make sure that everything is correct. If you find any mistakes, let us know immediately.